Welcome to your new SAM system! In this first lesson you will get a tour of SAM and learn how to add two different record types (Entities) and connect them.
- The tabs at the top of your site represent different record types, aka entities. The entities you have depend on the programs you do, and they may change with time as you customize your SAM site.
- Search bars on the home page and tab pages allow you to quickly find records.
- Sidebar links change depending on the page you’re on.
- SAM records are designed to show connections between other people and partnering organizations and services. You’ll have taken the first steps in relational-database management once you connect a person record to an org!
- Use the small "Edit" button on list fields to add or edit options.
- Duplicate alert: When adding a new Person record, try typing in someone who already exists in SAM. If SAM finds a first and last name that matches, a duplicate alert appears with a link to the existing record.
- Lists that Work: The Person and Organization types you create and assign today will make your job easier tomorrow - SAM fields can be setup to search and filter other records by type, as seen with the field below which shows only Case Workers.
- Double click the logo at the top of SAM to personalize your site.
- Find your own Person record using the Search Bar and update your temporary password.
- Enter your staff records as Person records and connect them to your organization. If you have a large team, enter about 10 records so you can get used to this process.
- Use the small "Edit" button on the Add Person or Add Organization form to customize the list of types for those records to better suit your organization.
- Enter a few of your primary community partners under Organizations.