Welcome to SAM Administrator Training. This series introduces concepts you will need to master to succeed as a SAM admin for your agency:
SAM Features & Functions
As with any software implementation, having a point-person (or a small team) to serve as the intermediary between your organization and the new technology is critical. You will need to understand your organization's existing processes and align them with SAM's capabilities. Our team will be there to help you along the way.
Who makes a good SAM admin?
SAM Admins manage users and customize SAM to fit your organization's needs. This role is the mediary between your organization and SAM's support team, so your organization has a unified voice. We recommend training two people in this role.
A Good SAM Admin....
- Is a dedicated employee keen on seeing SAM be successful
- Understands your organization's mission, requirements, and workflow
- Is comfortable with technical or complex software
- Has time to read guides and courage to click links and test in SAM
- Has understanding of the different roles in your organization and how roles relate to SAM
It Takes Two
You may be the only SAM admin for your agency at the moment, but it is vital that you eventually have a partner who understands SAM and how your agency uses it. This will ensure things run smoothly when vacations or unexpected absences occur.
About This Series
Each part of the series includes a short video, followed by homework. We recommend dedicating 1 hour per series, and following along with the video in your own SAM site, pausing as you work.